Keeps cutting out - Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

Grizzly Engine & Transmission Engine and transmission info here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Keeps cutting out

I have a 2002 grizzly 660 and when I get around or above like 20 mph it’s just cuts out spitters and sputters then backfires really loud, it runs fine as long as it is under 20 mph, and suggestions on what it could be, carb? Spark plugs? Electrical? I’ve taken it to a couple shops and they couldn’t figure it out. If you have any idea what it could be please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2020, 12:28 AM

Thumbs up

Sounds like its getting lean. Could be a crack in the rubber between engine and Carb? Or high speed jet plugged up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2020, 08:57 AM

Im having the xact same problem. I have rebuild the carb and adjusted the valves.
Did you get it figured out? Im at my wits end !

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2020, 10:16 PM

Sounds like the reverse limiter is kicking in. When it starts cutting out look at the gauge assembly your reverse light will flicker. The reverse switch will need to be replaced. To test or a temporary bypass you can do the following. Under the air box/carburetor and on top of the transmission is the reverse switch if you remove the wire from this switch and connect it to a good ground ( might have to use a jumper wire)(nothing will be connected to the switch) the limiter will not kick in. When the transmission is actually in reverse your reverse light will not come on. Hope this helps out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 513F4380-3E2A-45FB-8E02-2CF6FEBDFAFE_1605838474380.jpeg (138.8 KB, 2 views)

White 2020 Grizzly 700 EPS, 3500lb KFI stealth winch, EHS air filter kit, Power Commander V, 26" OG Maxxis Bighorns, 12" STI HD3 Machined Wheels, 1.75mm clutch shims, EPI purple secondary spring, Homemade exhaust tip, Homemade light mount for KC Slim lights.

Last edited by Davidb525; 11-19-2020 at 10:19 PM.