Official quirks thread - report issues here - Page 8 - Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Pro Ball Buster!
Site Supporter

You can display and up load from photobucket right from this page, just below the message window you will find the up load from photobucket or imageshack.

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves"

Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 AM
quadrambler

Send a message via Yahoo to quadrambler
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...h_P1010050.jpg

It looks like I have it here, so for the suggestions it made it a lot easier then when I was trying to figure it out last night.

So can anyone tell me where these two hoses get re-installed on the Griz 04-660...? Thanks for your help.
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 PM
CTD Out!
Site Supporter

Thanked 3,019 Times in 1,413 Posts
post the pic in your other thread so the 660 owners can help you out with it.

post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
quadrambler

Send a message via Yahoo to quadrambler
Thanks to JHFWIC and ponti1 for your suggestions. It's worked and I've figured out where my tubes go. Also, As it was my first time doing the photbucket post, it wasn't intentional on my part to get to drop an unintentional (and unrelated) bomb on his thread.
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 12:10 PM

2014 700fi fuel consumption

Hi everyone,
I have just purchased a grizzly 700 2 weeks ago and have 110km on it riding at an average speed on 10 km/ph running my dog (husky) due to foot injury would rather walk that slow...anyways I also have a 350 wolverine 1998 . After the first 25 km I have noticed that I already used up 1/4 tank after several more km, still not working the engine and just above idle I have figured out a consumption of about 17l/100 km ..that is outrageous . I have also had Baja 400 /2012 Polaris 550fi/Wolverine 350 and none of them were anywhere near that. Yamaha claims to be 30% more efficient than previous models yet I have not found 30% of what? I have also not received an answer from Yamaha concerning this issue.
Am I the only one? This is not acceptable by any standards
post #76 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 01:19 PM
DJ
Grizzly Roll Over Club
League of Extraordinary Grizzlymen
Site Supporter

If this is a new quad you need to break the engine in properly. Did you follow the break in procedure in the owners manual?. It must be ridden at a variety of speeds up to WOT or the piston rings will never seat properly which will result in low power and poor fuel mileage. Fuel consumption is always bad until an engine is broken in anyway. The quad engine is not broken in until you get a several hundred KMs on it (320km+). You may end up with good or bad fuel consumption depending on whether the engine is properly broken in. Sounds like you need to get several runs in at higher speeds with some time at WOT. Get some runs in riding like you stole it!!! OT.

08 Camo Grizz 700 EPS , SS108 Blk, 26" BH Og's, 1" frt whl spacers , Elka Stg 2 shocks, RDC 2" lift, EHS Bullet Box & EHS Lid, K&N, Dyna CDI, HMF Swamp Series exh, Coop45 machined sheave w/20gm greaseless wts, Orange secondary spring,Yami US HD front bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, Rox risers, Solex tapered bars, Modquad billet throttle lever, RotoPax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box

Last edited by AZ08Grizz; 05-25-2014 at 03:13 PM.
post #77 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the reply, I do realize the break in period which I also had with my Polaris. I am not convinced that a break in period will make such an enormous difference maybe a litre give or take but 17l is way out to lunch. I have owned many vehicles incl.ATVs. BMW GS1200R ,KTM etc...but never have I experienced such consumption upon break in... my car uses 5.3l/100 doing 120km/h and weighing substantially more. I use this ATV for plowing, running around on the ranch ...pulling logs , running the dog etc...and consumption is relevant, most people use this type of equipment for recreation and don't pay much attention to mileage..but in todays society where emissions and consumption are top priority there should be no reason it shouldn't apply to any fuel powered engine. The reasonable amount depending on situation should be in the 4-5 l range ....not out do a Cummins dually.. running at 10kph
If I want to go hunting up the mountains for a day I would need all available space to haul jerry cans..
But what I am trying to get at is...are there any available factory specs regarding consumption on average? That 30% decrease of fuel in the new model has to come from some number...
post #78 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 10:43 PM
DJ
Grizzly Roll Over Club
League of Extraordinary Grizzlymen
Site Supporter

You also have to remember that at the speed you are driving (10KmPH average) you are going too slow for the CVT to upshift to a higher more efficient ratio. What you are doing is the equivalent of driving your car around in 1st gear every where you go. How would your gas mileage in the car be doing that? Did you drive those other vehs you mention around at average speed of 10KmPH in first gear during break in? I think not, so you can't compare!

Average fuel consumption for most people is 18-20mpg while trail riding. That equals about 8.5 to 9 KmPL. So, if your staying in "first gear" (average speed of 10KmPH) while riding then the 17 KmPL you're getting makes sense and is quite plausible.

The power to weight ratio is approximately 25% less in your ATV to what it would be in a typical SUV not to mention the type of terrain ATVs are used in so those type comparisons are apple and oranges too.

There are no factory specs for fuel consumption. I have gotten over 100 mi on a 5 gal tank at times and other times as low as 70 mi. These machines are ridden in such a wide variety terrain and conditions there would be no point in stating a fuel consumption rating. It is what it is.

08 Camo Grizz 700 EPS , SS108 Blk, 26" BH Og's, 1" frt whl spacers , Elka Stg 2 shocks, RDC 2" lift, EHS Bullet Box & EHS Lid, K&N, Dyna CDI, HMF Swamp Series exh, Coop45 machined sheave w/20gm greaseless wts, Orange secondary spring,Yami US HD front bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, Rox risers, Solex tapered bars, Modquad billet throttle lever, RotoPax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box

Last edited by AZ08Grizz; 05-26-2014 at 02:07 PM.