rev limiter HELP !!! - Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

Grizzly Riders Homepage Yamaha Grizzly Forums The Grizzly Garage User Control Panel Register Today It's Free Store  

Go Back   Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Articles & Reviews > Technical Articles

Notices

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
 > Garage
» ----------------------
» Other Sites
» ----------------------
» View us On
» Grizzly Riders Swag

» We Support our Troops

» Donate to Grizzly Riders.
If you like this website and would like to give something back in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to pay for site hosting service, software, domains and maintenance costs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Default rev limiter HELP !!!

Have an 02 660 having problems with the rev limiter when the bike is in the water have done all the list of things i have found on the internet and heard from others to try yes it has gotten better and dont studder as bad but it still does it anyway my question is does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the rev limiter all together or is there a company that makes a replacement power box that does away with the rev limiter all together

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

#ADS  
Advertiser Advertiser is online
Circuit advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Grizzly of the Month Winner
Site Supporter

Visit GRIZZLY77's YouTube

Ok, what did You do so far?
And how You know it's rev limiter?
Btw
to GR!!!

2007 Grizzly 700 EPS

Last edited by GRIZZLY77; 07-13-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 PM
DJ
Grizzly Roll Over Club
League of Extraordinary Grizzlymen
Site Supporter

Clean and dielectric grease the electrical connector to the front diff lock servo. If water gets in there it can kick in the diff lock speed limiter. If going in deep water dielectric grease all electrical connectors.
08 Camo Grizz 700 EPS , SS108 Blk, 26" BH Og's, 1" frt whl spacers , Elka Stg 2 shocks, RDC 2" lift, EHS Bullet Box & EHS Lid, K&N, Dyna CDI, HMF Swamp Series exh, Coop45 machined sheave w/20gm greaseless wts, Orange secondary spring,Yami US HD front bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, Rox risers, Solex tapered bars, Modquad billet throttle lever, RotoPax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box
Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 PM

Have done that and it helped but it still does the same thing just not as bad before it was so bad it seemed if you looked at the water it started it now its ok sometimes but stilll does it sometimes and have redone the front end plugs and have done the spark plug and the other plug connections found a list of things on the internet and did them all it was like five causes for this problem but still have the problem sometimes so i want to see if there is a company that make's a replacement power box that does away with th rev limiter
Old 07-14-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerman View Post
Have done that and it helped but it still does the same thing just not as bad before it was so bad it seemed if you looked at the water it started it now its ok sometimes but stilll does it sometimes and have redone the front end plugs and have done the spark plug and the other plug connections found a list of things on the internet and did them all it was like five causes for this problem but still have the problem sometimes so i want to see if there is a company that make's a replacement power box that does away with th rev limiter

Im curious which limiter you are hitting.

Is it only when in diff lock? (thus the diff lock speed limiterpossibly)

Or is it only when your in reverse? (thus the reverse rpm limiter)

There are aftermarket CDI's which will, but i dont remember the names off hand.
But both can be bypassed is desired for the cost of simple electrical parts.
02 - 03 Reverse OR
02 - 03 Diff lock OR

But i would try to narrow down the problem first.

Last edited by rob350; 07-14-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Grizzly of the Month Winner
Site Supporter

Visit KEETER's Facebook

Rob i talked to reggie up in WV after he got towed back the 4 july weekend and i think he mentioned when he hit the creeks sometimes it would act like the diff loc plug was shorting out and would only go 5 to 10 mph and then other times it was cut off and not restart period too. So maybe some of the di elecric cured some but he still got gremlins when he gets near water. I think the diff limiter is causing most of his problems now if i'm not mistakened, but he is not running in diff loc. I also mentioned a little about the Dyna fs ignition but if it's another switch or plug other than the ignition he would be wasting money so he is probably trying to find a way to test the circuits to see where problem really is.
Rangeman if i'm off base come back and tell them more of the particulars so maybe you can find a way to test your electrical problems.
07 700 CAMO GRIZZ K&N AIR FILTER, EHS LID, DYNATEK FS CDI, HMF OPTIMIZER AND SWAMP PIPE, RICOCHET SKIDS, ITP312 on26x12x12 DIRT COMMANDERS,YAMAHA HD BRUSH GUARD, REAR HD BUMPER, WIRE MESH BASKET WITH 6 ROD HOLDER FOR SURF FISHING, RHINO XL GEAR GRIPS,CO-OP MODS 2&3 W/1MM SHIM, ODI ROUGE GRIPS. HIGHLIFTER O/L SPRINGS, VIPER ELITE 3500 BLUE ROPE, 2" REESE HITCH.
09 RZR LE 3" lift 27" EBC Reptiles with Stuff added as the weekend goes on!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 AM

keeter when ray would hit the water the only way he could go though it was to hit it wide open other wise it would spit and sputter and hardly run like when your rev limiter is on and hardly move and sometimes get bad enough it would cut off it is better now but still have the problem sometimes you don't have to be in reverse or have the diff lock locked for it to do it just go though the water and in 2 wheel drive this problem is very aggravating we like to play in the mud and water and when you pull up to a hole not knowing if your bike will run right to get you though it it's a pain in the back side still working on it and hope to have it fixed soon thank's for all the suggestions nifon got the timing chain back in mine last night runs like a clock again now just got to get this problem fixed with rays and we will be ready for another ride.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:05 PM

ok we took it out sunday and found us a mud hole after we did the dielectric grease on every plug we could find and now the only time it acts up is if we lock the diff lock in and going forward all it wonts to do is bearly run but never did cut off and run perfect in the mud and the water other than with the diff lock in any ideas on what else to try or look for think we almost got it fixed just need to get this diff lock problem fixed we had 3 other grizzly's there and none of them did this we tied them to c only this one bike messed up. Got a mud bog this weekend and would like to get this fixed before we run Thanks for any help
Old 06-15-2013, 10:14 PM

what did you find for a problem. my bike is doing the same