Yamaha US model heavy duty brush guard- Grizzly 700 - Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

Grizzly Riders Homepage Yamaha Grizzly Forums The Grizzly Garage User Control Panel Register Today It's Free Store  

Go Back   Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Articles & Reviews > Official GrizzlyRiders.com Reviews > Protection (Vehicle)

Notices

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
 > Garage
» ----------------------
» Other Sites
» ----------------------
» View us On
» Grizzly Riders Swag

» We Support our Troops

» Donate to Grizzly Riders.
If you like this website and would like to give something back in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to pay for site hosting service, software, domains and maintenance costs.

» Hot Topics This Week
A Thread For the Little Guys! - (86 replies)
hatfield and mccoys - (2 replies)
Welcome GrizzlyBurrito - (2 replies)
450 yamaha question - (1 reply)
Welcome Yamr_Hamr_Bob - (1 reply)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Grizzly Roll Over Club

Send a message via AIM to Grizzrider08
Visit Grizzrider08's Facebook Visit Grizzrider08's YouTube
Default Yamaha US model heavy duty brush guard- Grizzly 700

Initial Thought

I bent my stock front bumper from a rollover, tried to get it straightened out, but couldnt get it right. I looked all over the internet looking for a replacement, but everywhere i looked, the bumpers would just bolt onto the stock bumper, which is weak in my opinion. I looked on the Yamaha site, and found this one. I ordered it up, took 2 weeks to get because it was back ordered. When i opened the box, the first thing i saw was how beefy this bumper is. The tubing is at least 2x thicker then the stock bumper! Measurements shows the stock bumper being 3/4", and this one is made of 1 1/4", and much thicker sidewall. It weighs a bit more too, showing its pretty heavy duty. The finish on the bumper is real nice too, seems like a better paint then their other stuff.

Install

Super smooth. Everything lined up perfect, like it fell into place. This is a quality piece. Took all of 5 minutes to bolt up the 4 main supports and tighten them down. There are 2 headlight supports, holds the lights up really good, better then the stock plastic pieces did. Then there are the mounts for the fenders. You can use the standard plastic push rivets, but in my parts bin i found some of the bolts that are used to hold the floorboard to the fender, and these hold the fenders to the bumper really good, no more flimsy fenders. I plan on running without a front rack sometimes, and i was going to make supports for the fenders, but now the bumper holds the fenders so securely, i dont need to. There are also 2 mounts in the center of the top tube, for mounting aftermarket PIAA or other lights. Overall, this is a great bumper, one of the better buys ive made.

Rating

10/10

Price

$194-250 depending on dealer, got mine for $194

08' Grizzly 700 EPS
GROC Member
QOTM #1

Originally Posted by Grizz450
Hello Clarice...I ate his liver with some favre beans, and a nice ciante!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzrider08 For This Useful Post:
bigk_54 (04-14-2011)

#ADS  
Advertiser Advertiser is online
Circuit advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
League of Extraordinary Grizzlymen

Visit Gunny's YouTube
Default Re: Yamaha US model heavy duty brush guard- Grizzly 700

Dang it ..... sure wish I could view the photo's at work ...... ...... I'm not sure why that is, but it's VERY frustrating ...... I'll check this thread out again once I get home ......

Later ...

"Work" is a Dirty Four Letter Word ...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Welcome to Grizzly Riders! How May I Help You?
We see everything!

Thanked 1,483 Times in 649 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to TheGrizz
Visit TheGrizz's Facebook Visit TheGrizz's Twitter Visit TheGrizz's YouTube

Very nice bumper!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:55 PM
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
League of Extraordinary Grizzlymen

Visit Gunny's YouTube

I concur with Grizz .... nice bumper !

Later ...

"Work" is a Dirty Four Letter Word ...
Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Grizzly Roll Over Club

Thanks, its a real sharp looking bumper in person. The front end of the grizz feels much stronger now. Im surprised i dont see more people with this bumper.

08' Grizzly 700 EPS
GROC Member
QOTM #1

Old 10-02-2010, 11:06 PM

Did you have to do any massaging to get it to fit right? I'm having a fitment issue with mine right now. I've adjusted as far as it will go and the top rack pieces won't hook into the front bumper. They are off about an inch. So basically I've got no front rack until I figure out whats going on with it.

Other then my current issue, I like the strength and piece of mind its added.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Site Supporter

I like the looks of your bumper and it does make more sense than the original. I would like to replace mine but they do not make one for a 660.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Mr.Procrastinator
Grizzly Roll Over Club
Site Supporter

i love mine!

the only thing i didnt do was glue the end caps in and i lost them like everyone said I would.

also, if running a 3500/4000 vipermax winch you will have a very slight clearance issue.
the 3500/4000 viper elite do not have these clearance issues.
(as of 1 year ago when I got my bumper, viper may have changed their designs.)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Site Supporter

Send a message via AIM to dwanton1 Send a message via MSN to dwanton1 Send a message via Skype™ to dwanton1
Visit dwanton1's YouTube

dam -- sorry -- i just noticed the original date of this post -- so i had to edit my post some

when you held the stock bumper and then picked up the new thicker one -- how much heavier was it ?

from a distance it looks like the quad is smiling now -- LOL

do you not use the front top rack anymore ?
2011 grizzly 700 fi eps 4x4 se (blue)- RT2500 warn winch with synthetic rope and seat belt mod for plowing .warn mount plate , cycle country 52" state plow - lowrance i way 600 gps 5" touch screen(waterproof) - QB Quadboss rear seat luggage carrier , kimpex rear fender protectors with passanger foot pegs,rox star series powermadd handguards , 2" wheel spacers front and rear, DDM 35w 5000k HID kit

Last edited by dwanton1; 10-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Grizzly Roll Over Club

No problem about the date posted, its in the review section so its all good. The Yamaha HD bumper is a big heavier then stock, but it is made from a pretty heavy gage tubing, which is almost double the size of the stock tubing. The stock bumper is reallly easily bent, as the tubing is thin walled. The stock bumper doesnt have much protection on the edges as well, as all it has are those plastic bumperettes that are screwed on. Ive tagged a few trees and even have a roll over and a tip over since installed, and nothing is bent or tweeked, very stout. I never really used the front rack before, so i never had a purpose on keeping it on. And anyways, from the rollover i had, the oem bumper caved in which bent the rack, broke the tabs off the the side panel, cracked the front fender, and cracked the headlight housing. The HD bumper also supports the front fenders, so without the rack there the fenders are very sturdy and held in place well, if you try that with the stock bumper the fenders would be flopping around as they have no support. I did modify the front rack so it is back on now, but i cant use the fender mounts as the rack is pushed back and bent out of shape. Heres a pic.

08' Grizzly 700 EPS
GROC Member
QOTM #1

The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzrider08 For This Useful Post:
dwanton1 (10-03-2010)