Moose Utility Division Grizzly 700/550 Rear Bumper Review - Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

Grizzly Riders Homepage Yamaha Grizzly Forums The Grizzly Garage User Control Panel Register Today It's Free Store  

Go Back   Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Articles & Reviews > Official GrizzlyRiders.com Reviews > Protection (Vehicle)

Notices

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
 > Garage
» ----------------------
» Other Sites
» ----------------------
» View us On
» Grizzly Riders Swag

» We Support our Troops

» Donate to Grizzly Riders.
If you like this website and would like to give something back in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to pay for site hosting service, software, domains and maintenance costs.

» Hot Topics This Week
Grizzly Oil...What to use? - (33 replies)
Gone greaseless - (9 replies)
Fan not working 06 kodiak 400 - (1 reply)
Welcome Hawk77 - (1 reply)
4wd serious issue.. Help!!! - (1 reply)

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Enjoy the Ride
Product
PM me for help!

Post Moose Utility Division Grizzly 700/550 Rear Bumper Review

Moose Utility Division Grizzly 700/550 Rear Bumper Review.

I have been looking at adding a rear bumper to my Grizzly 700 when I came across an offering from Moose Utility Division. After talking with Kyle of Moose Utility Division I ordered their rear bumper for the Grizzly 700/550.

Shipping was super fast, and the packaging was first rate. The whole thing was wrapped in bubble wrap, and all associated hardware was in a separate clear bag. The bumper is made of 1 5/8th inch tubing, and covered in a heavy duty black wrinkle finish. The overall look and finish matches the Yamaha heavy duty bumper I have on the front very well. As matter of fact the wrinkle finish on the Moose bumper is a bit smoother, and I think it looks better.

Install is very straight forward. Remove the 2 rear bolts securing the rear rack to the rack supports. Slide the tabs on the bumper between the rack and the rack supports and install the 2 supplied longer bolts. At this point just get the bolts started, and finger tight. I will note that the captured nuts in the rack supports are on a slight angle, making it a little tricky to get all three pieces lined up. An extra set of hands would be nice,, but not necessary. Next slide the 2 supplied U clamps around each rack support down tubes, and lightly tighten the supplied bolts and spacers. Now check the alignment and tighten everything up.

Once the bumper is mounted it is very sturdy, and follows the lines of the Grizzly perfectly. Moose does note in their instruction that the bumper is not designed as a push point. However it looks like it can with stand a pretty good impact.

Over all length of the Grizzly was only increased an 1 1/4 inches and no increase to the width. I am not sure if it would interfere with over fenders or not, but as long as your over fenders did not wrap around the back, I don’t think there would be any issues.

So anyone looking for a well fitting, good looking rear bumper for their Grizzly 700 or 550 be sure and check out Moose Utility Division. To purchase check the dealer locator on Moose's home page or see your local Parts Unlimited dealer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jfer For This Useful Post:
Butch450 (09-08-2010), DizGrizz (09-09-2010), Gunny (09-08-2010), HardcoreSlot (09-08-2010), j_fuelfiveo (09-09-2010), Sasquatch (10-29-2010), Scott (09-08-2010)

#ADS  
Advertiser Advertiser is online
Circuit advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Moderatly Offensive
Product
Grizzly Roll Over Club
PM me for help!

Send a message via MSN to HardcoreSlot
Visit HardcoreSlot's Facebook Visit HardcoreSlot's MySpace Visit HardcoreSlot's YouTube

hmm... i kinda like it.
do you have a rough idea of how heavy it is?
Also is that the front counterpart you have as well?
OG GROC Member #5
Logic- a two-syllable word for "cock punch with a wrecking ball to the groin of fun."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Wanting warmer weather
Site Supporter

Looks like a quality bumper. And looks good on the grizz.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Enjoy the Ride
Product
PM me for help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreSlot View Post
hmm... i kinda like it.
do you have a rough idea of how heavy it is?
Also is that the front counterpart you have as well?

HCS, Just a rough guess, I would say it weighs 12-16 pounds. Moose has a front counterpart to this bumper I however have the Yamaha HD front.

Edit: shipping weight was 17 pounds minus box and bubble wrap I put the bumper at 16lbs.

Last edited by Jfer; 09-08-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Added shipping weight
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 PM
A Cut Above The Rest !!!
League of Extraordinary Grizzlymen

Visit Gunny's YouTube

Nice write-up ther Jfer dude !!! .... and it looks real good on yer Grizz too

THANKS fer tak'in the time to do the write-up & shar'in the info with us.

"Work" is a Dirty Four Letter Word ...
Old 09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
CTD Out!
Site Supporter

Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,413 Posts

Nice rear end there Jay. I like the bumper just wished the Moose front bumper was as good as your HD one. Then moose would have a great alternative to OEM.

Last edited by Butch450; 09-08-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Grizzly of the Month Winner
Site Supporter

Good review. Def. a consideration when the time comes. Really like the older style Moose front bumper before they changed the design, but havent been able to find one.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:30 AM
"Diz"
Site Supporter

Nice write, Jay! Mighty slick looking bumper. Does moose say if you should be able to lift the rear of the grizz by that bumper?
Mods: Custom air box mod for big-o' clamp-on K&N, Dial-A-Jet, 26" BH 2.0's on ITP SS 106's, SuperTrapp IDSX exhaust, Maier fender flares, black Ricochet skids. Remote res. Works A-T Steelers shocks on all 4.
Hers: '04 660 LE (Ruby red)
Mods: same A/F mod, 1.5" billet spacers with BH 2.0's on stock wheels, Yami aluminum skids.
MY GARAGE

That which doesn't kill you, leaves scars to remind you not to do it again
Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Site Supporter

Send a message via AIM to dwanton1 Send a message via MSN to dwanton1 Send a message via Skype™ to dwanton1
Visit dwanton1's YouTube

definatly makes the grizzly look tough
2011 grizzly 700 fi eps 4x4 se (blue)- RT2500 warn winch with synthetic rope and seat belt mod for plowing .warn mount plate , cycle country 52" state plow - lowrance i way 600 gps 5" touch screen(waterproof) - QB Quadboss rear seat luggage carrier , kimpex rear fender protectors with passanger foot pegs,rox star series powermadd handguards , 2" wheel spacers front and rear, DDM 35w 5000k HID kit
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
You can do it!!
Site Supporter

Thanks for the review. I've been looking all over for some close up pictures of how it mounts.
Rox 5'' Risers & Fly Aero Bars w/ Rigid Duallys
Warn XT30 Winch
Ricochet Skids
Coop45 Sheave
Gold EPI Spring
18gr Weights
EHS Intake
EHS Lid
Muzzy Full Exhaust
PC V w/ Autotune
Dyna FS