Secondary spring - Page 3 - Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

Grizzly Riders Homepage Yamaha Grizzly Forums The Grizzly Garage User Control Panel Register Today It's Free Store  

Go Back   Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tech Tips

Notices

Grizzly Tech Tips Share tips on services, repairs, etc here

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
 > Garage
» ----------------------
» Other Sites
» ----------------------
» View us On
» Grizzly Riders Swag

» We Support our Troops

» Donate to Grizzly Riders.
If you like this website and would like to give something back in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to pay for site hosting service, software, domains and maintenance costs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outinnavy View Post
glad to see you like it can you tell any difference between the orange and purple

By my book
orange spring #yds3 is 190lb at 3 inch and 310lb at 1 3/4

purple # yds6 is 195lb at 3 inch 315 at 1 3/4 compression not that much difference
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

#ADS  
Advertiser Advertiser is online
Circuit advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
i have the purple spring now and plan on changing to the white soon bike gets up to speed fast and then bounces off the rev limiter within less than 1/8 mile hoping the white spring will hold it in a lower gear longer to allow more distance to build speed
leave the spring that is in it and go heavier weights . the spring prevents up shift to some degree and with light weights your clutch might not be shifting all the way to high ratio or your belt is whiffed , sheaves are scored /glazed or a combination of all the above .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:51 PM
"Bert"
Grizzly Roll Over Club
Site Supporter

Visit Beadlock's Facebook

Quote:
glad to see you like it can you tell any difference between the orange and purple
me myself i couldnt tell any difference in between stock and orange spring them put in purple and i could tell it hooked up better almost went to next higher spring but decided im happy with this
Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
i ride upside down
Grizzly Roll Over Club
Site Supporter

Visit outinnavy's Facebook Visit outinnavy's Twitter Visit outinnavy's YouTube

well the new sheaves i bought came with the white spring is the only reason i was thinking about tryin it i thought it would hold back the up shift more but i guess i want the up shift to happen sooner to build speed at lower rpm's
2011 green 700 eps
moose front bumper
HID lights
26" dirt commanders on ITP 112-14"
warn 2.5
purple spring, 1.5mm shim
18G greaseless weights
Kolpin fender flares
SuperATV rock sliders
ODI grips, PowerMadd hand guards
Old 04-03-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadlock View Post
me myself i couldnt tell any difference in between stock and orange spring them put in purple and i could tell it hooked up better almost went to next higher spring but decided im happy with this
You have to remember that when you change any one component in a cvt it affects the other components and how your clutch works . the secondary spring has a job and that job is to resist being pulled into the secondary sheave while the primary sheave assembly is constantly ( when accelerating ) trying to pull it down its a balancing act between the 2 . too big a spring and not enough weight and you will not get full shift . not enough wpring and too much weight and no bottom end and full shift too fast ( like taking off in 3rd gear ) I chose to go with 16 gram weights and an orange spring with the 1mm shim and utv machined sheave I am hoping for a good low end and better top end than I have now time will tell . as soon as I get my new cluster I will do the comparison ( my cluster is broken and doesnt read anything for mph )
The Following User Says Thank You to fastzilla For This Useful Post:
AZ08Grizz (04-04-2011)