Grizzly Riders Forum banner

Grizzly 700 transmission problems!!

12K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Grumpy 
#1 ·
Ok guys i was riding last night and after going through a mild hole in 4wd. I gased on it kinda hard totry and lift the front tires and then it started clanking really loud! At first i thought i snapped an axle but later ruled that out. if in 2wd or 4wd and i drive forward or backwards it'll bind up pretty bad and make some clanking noise. Now even in neutral getting towed back it binded up and locked the rear wheels... Now im assuming its gotta be the transmission. Any input would be great! Thanks!

#3 ·
Don't take the lack of responses personally... this site has been a lot less active recently.

Sorry, I can't advise you on the damage to your ride. Hopefully someone with some knowledge will jump in on this over the weekend.

Grumpy

#5 ·
what to do? trans slipping? engin? any ideas?

I have ran into a slight problem. my four wheeler seems to want to try and go in reverse while going forward. I put it in high 2wd and light shows up confirming its in high but I drive for like 5 minutes and reverse light pops on and engine bogs down and starts choking even in low it does same thing.I haven't tried it in 4wd cause I don't want to do that to just avoid it. but if anyone's had this problem or knows how to fix it please reply thanks

#6 ·
I have ran into a slight problem. my four wheeler seems to want to try and go in reverse while going forward. I put it in high 2wd and light shows up confirming its in high but I drive for like 5 minutes and reverse light pops on and engine bogs down and starts choking even in low it does same thing.I haven't tried it in 4wd cause I don't want to do that to just avoid it. but if anyone's had this problem or knows how to fix it please reply thanks
I see you started your own thread... good job! :laugh2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.