Grizzly Riders Homepage Yamaha Grizzly Forums The Grizzly Garage User Control Panel Register Today It's Free Store  

Go Back   Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Homepage

Notices

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
 > Garage
» ----------------------
» Other Sites
» ----------------------
» View us On
» Grizzly Riders Swag

» We Support our Troops

» Donate to Grizzly Riders.
If you like this website and would like to give something back in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to pay for site hosting service, software, domains and maintenance costs.

» Hot Topics This Week
Duro Power Grip Tire Review - (38 replies)
Bike trouble - (2 replies)
Best Mods and Maintenance - (1 reply)
Welcome ScramblingGrizzly - (1 reply)
700 Grizzly Shim Mod Success! - (1 reply)
Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

Grizzly Riders - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum (http://grizzlyriders.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grizzly Engine & Transmission (http://grizzlyriders.com/forums/grizzly-engine-transmission/)
-   -   oil out of air box breather tube (http://grizzlyriders.com/forums/grizzly-engine-transmission/16097-oil-out-air-box-breather-tube.html)

Undead Brigade 08-29-2013 08:27 PM

oil out of air box breather tube

Hey guys, after a few hard rides it was rip down time, clean everything including the air filter. After I cleaned it, I noticed the tube coming out of the bottom of the air box. I pulled the plug, and was very surprised to see oil come out of it. Before the last ride, I changed my oil and cleaned the air filter as well..I don't think its from over oiling the filter, so now I'm concerned. The oil level is perfect on the dipstick, and doing research the common response is that the rings could be shot? Please don't tell me that..machine runs great, no smoking, nothing..anybody else have this issue?

Undead Brigade 08-29-2013 09:19 PM

I forgot to mention I use the k&n spray for the filter. Its a stock filter but that's the only filter oil I could find..

AZ08Grizz 08-30-2013 04:29 PM

It's normal for some of the oil vapor coming out of the crank case breather to condense in the airbox and settle in low points. A small amount of oil in the airbox is not a problem to be concerned about. A lot of oil is another story.

Undead Brigade 08-30-2013 09:19 PM

Just have to keep an eye on it..this thing is really a high maintenance machine isn't it?